Things I don’t buy at the store anymore…
1. Tomato Sauce & Salsa - pasta sauce, pizza sauce, diced tomatoes for chili… it’s all from the garden now.
2. Canned Beans - I can my own at home now and I still get the convenience of opening a jar, but it’s way cheaper.
3. Pickles - we make a variety of pickles from sweet to sour to spicy. So we no longer need to buy these.
4. Jams and Jellies - we make our own with local fruit! 👏🏻
5. Canned Veggies - from garden to canner… we eat #homegrown all year.
6. Broths and Stocks - I can my own broth and stock. And it’s way easier and cheaper than I ever really thought it could be.
7. Canned Soup - I make and can my own!
I’m not sharing any of this to brag. I’m sharing it because I’m realizing that small changes add up to BIG results over time. I might not be farming hundreds of acres, but I’m stewarding 3 acres well. I’m learning to work with the land to feed my family. I’m learning something new everyday.
What’s one skill you really want to focus on learning or improving in 2022?